OneHelp - The Macquarie University unified Help application that crosses Faculties and Departments.
Macquarie OneHelp is an interactive, self service online request tracker. You can use the web to log issues and requests and monitor them to completion through automatic email notification and status updates
OneHelp is a joint initiative of the United Federation of InfoServices, representatives from every IT Department within the University. Because it's a single, consistent view that crosses organisational boundaries, we can make sure issues are resolved more efficiently, are handed off between organisational units without falling through cracks and responses can be faster and more consistent. OneHelp means one issue, one ticket - no matter who ultimately resolves it.
If you belong to areas that are serviced by the Informatics Staff and Student Service Desk, the Faculty of Arts IT, the Faculty of Human Science IT, and the Faculty of Business and Economics IT, you can use OneHelp immediately. Business units like the Research Office and MQU Analytics area also using the system with more to come. The Faculty of Science and a number of other areas will be following suit in the near future.
Using OneHelp is quick and easy and uses OneID, the same userid and password you use for Gmail. We really hope you enjoy using OneHelp and naturally the existing 9850-HELP phone extension remains available for making your requests verbally.
So who can use OneHelp?
Staff can be assured that their existing IT Support structure and contacts remain unchanged but those supported by the following Faculty/Department have the option to use OneHelp.
Business units that can utilise and receive tickets in OneHelp are:
- All Students (ext. 4357 Option #1) - can use the tool to log and track IT related issues and requests supported by the Student Help Desk.
- Staff supported by Informatics (ext. 4357 Option #2) can use the tool to log and track IT related issues and requests supported by the Informatics Service Desk
- Staff/Students - if you're part of or need to log request with the following Faculty/Department the tool also applies to you:
- Faculty of Human Sciences - IT issues/requests call logging
- Faculty of Arts - IT issues/requests call logging
- Faculty of Business and Economics - IT issues/requests call logging
- Library - IT issues/requests call logging
- Research Office - Research systems (IRIS, APR, ARIS, MQSR) issues and support requests
- Macquarie Analytics - support and information requests
- Learning and Teaching Centre - Issues and support requests for Blackboard, AVTS, iLecture.
If your Faculty or Department is not listed above, contact your local IT support desk in the usual fashion.
There is one entry point into the tool then each area has been configured based on their IT requirements, ensuring the ability to pass tickets between each business unit when necessary.
Using OneHelp is simple and easy - follow this step-by-step User Guide that walks you through how to log in and create a ticket.
Of course, you can always phone your Service Desk as per normal and this is the recommended method for raising your time critical issues.